Sunday, March 15, 2020

Corona chaos

Iakwe aolep!

Sorry that I didn't send an email last week. Things have been pretty crazy ever since I flew into Majuro.

To start off I "killed" my companion Elder Tune. He is done with his mission and is in Kiribati right now. The couple of days I had with him were so crazy. Elder Tune doesn't really know English and my other companion Elder Langrine is from Ebeye in the marshall islands so we just talked in marshallese to each other for 4 days. It was dope. Also since Elder Langrine is a native speaker I have learned so many things. It's a huge jeramman.

Getting to know a new area is different but its been good! Delap is way cool. It is so much bigger than Ebeye so it's pretty weird. I'm pretty sure that my area now is bigger than all of Ebeye. Majuro also is not as hot as Ebeye. There are more trees and so much breadfruit. 

Elder Langrine is visa waiting here and is supposed to go to Ghana soon. He just received his  visa so he should be going to ghana anytime soon. I don't really know what will happen with me and if I will stay in Delap or not.

Earlier this week the ZL's came to our house and told us that we weren't allowed to go to church, shake hands, meet in groups bigger than our district, and that we needed to immediately go buy two bags of rice and a bag of flour per companionship. It's pretty crazy. Usually every p-day all the missionaries get together but now I don't really know what we are going to do.

The work here in Delap is good. It's great to have a native companion because whenever we are thirsty we just go grab a coconut cut it open and drink it. It is the best. We had 2 baptisms this past week which was great! 

Anyway I love you all! Stay safe from Corona. I hope you all have a great week. Oh btw my pday is now on Monday or America's Sunday. 

Elder Hanson


No comments:

Post a Comment